Pages


Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Monkey Monkey

Monkey, monkey 
Little monkey 
Playing in my head 
Telling me missed expectations 
Mean that I should dread 

Always saying there are rules 
And if we stray it's wrong 
Rigid rules for me and others 
Make prison bars so strong 

People being human 
Are sure to disappoint 
When happiness is an outside job 
We kind of miss the point 

So monkey monkey 
Worried monkey 
I know that you mean well 
I'm just going to give you a hug right now 
You have a story to tell 

Little monkey, calming now
I think today we learned 
That happiness is an inside job 
The tables now have turned 

No situation, person or place 
Is going to make it right 
And when we load them down like that 
They're sure to put up a fight 

Monkeys do what monkeys do 
And playing with others is fun
Some days we go bananas
And the other monkeys want to run 

But with some luck 
And a little love 
We find our happy troop 
Monkeys who are glad that we're around 
Even when we're looped

So monkey, monkey 
There you are 
Playing in my head 
I hear what you are saying 
But now, there is no dread

No comments: