Pages


Monday, September 21, 2015

My Sister Change

I am clothed in impatience 
Lusting for destruction 
Catching the rotting stench of sameness 
Slapping safety across the face when she approaches to help

I am sick of myself 
Critical of those around me 
Disgusted with all of the daily compromise 
Nauseous with the attempts we make at numbness 

Times of transition can be hard
In the past when my sister change came to visit 
I was not a gracious hostess
I fought with her 
I kept my parameters of acceptance so very narrow 
I called surrender impossible 
I tried to claim she was evil 
She is neither evil nor good 
She simply is 
And in truth my own thoughts and actions invited her to come
Whether I own that or not 

Now, I Am Fire
And I dream of burning it all down 
The purity of my heart's desires
And my soul's path
The only thing I can see
And all else has become like too much baggage
Dragged through the airport 

My sister change is visiting again 
This time I admit I eagerly invited her
She smiles at me 
She speaks of balance and deliberate, thoughtful steps 
She reminds me of all the sweet gifts 
In the garden of my everyday life
We spend time in quiet 
Contemplating the Love in all things
We talk about the keys to be found 
In walking daily with our siblings 
Especially Authenticity and Integrity 

I am a spirit of extremes 
Where my heart and soul are concerned 
My sister knows this
And with a smart-ass grin
Introduces me to our cousin, Patience
Patience has accomplished a great many things, Change explains to me
I guess I ignored her at the family reunions 
Because I honestly don't remember her at all

Change calls to the rest of the family 
To join the circle
Where she stands with Patience and I
Intent, Intuition, Action, Authenticity, Integrity and Will join us 
We hold hands around the fire 

Change looks at me across the circle 
And as our eyes meet 
I realize how much lighter I am 

Impatience, twin to Patience 
Had come for a short visit 
To remind me of the price of inaction 
A boot in the cosmic arse for motivation 
And then moved along on her way 
I silently thanked her for the help 

Realization dawned that with these allies
Every day would be an adventure 
Clear direction but surrendering the specifics 
In perfect love and perfect trust 

We sat down around the fire 
To rejoice in the day
And decide on next steps

 

 




No comments: