Pages


Friday, September 12, 2014

Incomplete

Your life was incomplete
So you took pieces of mine
Tearing off chunks, oblivious to the pain you caused
Because you didn't think you had a voice
To speak your truth
Although I saw it in your eyes
In unguarded moments
You'd let it slip when we were alone
And you could let a little of the pretense go
Because you knew....that I knew
You gave your faith to my little one
And then when you quit
His faith went with you
Not for one moment since
Has he been the same
Understand this
I've walked some of the same roads you did
I have compassion and I have forgiven
But your life has informed mine in some ways
Ways that I don't want to be
I will never let my voice be silenced
I will never quit
They are not so little now, the two of them
By walking my path
With truth and integrity
I hope I can shed a little light for them both
If they can know
That their voice must be heard
To be true to themselves
And that love CAN be counted on
Then I'll have done everything that I can
We don't have to stay
Incomplete

No comments: