Pages


Friday, November 1, 2013

Alternate Reality

I wonder if it happens
To other people
Driving down the highway
Grey clouds
Windy morning
Leaves, riding the current
Music
Hope On Board
I look up
See the tree branches
Silhouetted against the stormy sky
And for a moment
Realization dawns
Who am I? 
Disconnected
Floating
Just like those leaves
It feels as if the entire universe
Is just the car
The sky, trees and wind
And me
I don't belong anywhere
I'm not going anywhere
Utterly separate
I don't grasp for it
To find my life again
The car keeps moving
Strange cocoon
Tiny little universe 
Sensation in the middle of my chest
Where my spirit sits
Sweet, wounded joyful, powerful light 
An urge to rise and float away
What am I?
And then
Someone passes me in the other lane
The song on the CD changes
And the moment is over
Returned to the world
Driving to work
Asking myself
Which universe is the real one?




No comments: