Pages


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Real


It was there
First thing this morning
When I woke up
Stop
You have to stop
The people
And things in your life
You can only walk
With what and who
Is real
No games
No push-pull
Most especially, no hiding
Respecting yourself
And your own journey
You can't twist yourself
Into a pretzel
Just to please others
If you do
What was the point
Of uncovering your soul
Respect those around you
Love them
For where they're at
And respect yourself
Enough to honor
Who you are
And where you are right now
Many tools at your disposal
To move your dreams forward
Use them wisely
But never to numb yourself
To avoid reality
And so
Today I say
This is me
I accept myself
I'm on a journey
Like anyone else
And that journey
That's who I am
And where I'm at
I'm not going to judge
Anyone else
And I won't be judged
By anyone else


No comments: