Pages


Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dance of the Cubicle Dweller

The triumph of idiocy
Numb to it all
Holding so tight
To what's killing you
The devil you know
Unable, unwilling
To release control
Must...retain....status...quo
Keep the plates spinning!
Do you really see anything?
Horror, injustice, murder
Or, even
The elephants
In the room with you?
Does any of it make a dent?

Oh, STOP!
Leave me alone!
Everything's just fine!
...........

In the name
Of all that breathes
Do you think me blind?
I know where I stand
Years of my life
A house of cards
Well occupied by many
The weak, whom I've enabled
Amazingly hard to dismantle
But pull it down I will
Worked too long
To find my soul
So, yes
I know exactly
Where I am standing
I am the one who knows
What this feels like
Every day, I move ONE CARD
With each one, I grow stronger
As high as the tower of babel
Just as senseless
But fall it will

No comments: