Pages


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cosmos In A Cubicle

Bangin' out spreadsheets and emails
Checkin' out a friend's podcast
Mind wanders
Higher
Fingers on automatic
Ticky-ticky-typie
I'm somewhere else
I can hear my friend's voice
Like background music
Is this the past
Maybe I'm in the future
I guess it's RIGHT NOW
Wow
All three are true
And I get it
No, I mean I get
IT
Everything
I can see all of it
Laughing
Crying
The worst times
And the highs
And I'm not pulled in
I'm sort of just
Watching me
My life, I mean
Like a movie
Still, with the voices
And office noises
Talking and laughing
In the background
There aren't any cliches
Explanations
Justifications
So weird
How breakthroughs happen
At the strangest
Most unexpected moments
Precipitated by
WHAT?
And I'm just ME
And it's all just one
ONE
Time is irrelevant
Just sitting here
Suddenly
With this
CONCEPT
or
UNDERSTANDING
That I'll never describe
Do I have tomorrow?
Who the fuck knows
Do you?
It doesn't matter
I'm right here
Right now
Tomorrow
I might be here
Or a new road
Will open
Energy
Does that
Everything
Just EVERYTHING
Changes
No matter how precious
Especially
If you hang on
So
Here I am
And this moment
Which is yesterday
Today
And tomorrow
All at once
I'm breathing
I think
And whatever happens
I know now
Nothing will take me down
I'll go where the energy takes me
Because it feels good
When I do that
I'm not afraid
Did you hear that?
Because I said that
And I fucking meant it
So bring it
Universe
Bring it
And you'll either break me
Or I'll change the cosmos
Either way

Let's go!


No comments: