Pages


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Connection

Closed off, spirit gone
I blocked You out
I didn't want to see
The beauty wasn't for me
Afraid to open my ears
My heart I sealed off
And let my soul go dry
I could walk through this life
Quietly sensible
Doing what I should
And all would be okay
But it wasn't OK
Sensible
Duty, and supposed to
Don't fill your soul
The longer I closed my heart
The dryer became my soul
Afraid to open back up
Afraid of what it would feel like
But THE EMPTY is worse
The things I tried to fill it with
Do nothing to soothe my soul
The music is gone
And the lyrics ring hollow
I"m just inhaling.....and exhaling
But now - OPEN!
And in the stillness
The music
The reality
The still small voice
My life force returns
I can feel everything
I am connected to everything
And sometimes it does hurt
But it's also beautiful and amazing and wonderful
It's so beautiful that yes, there is pain in the knowledge
But I embrace it
This beautiful exquisite feeling
Because in feeling this
The gamut of what it is to BE
I know that I am ALIVE

No comments: