Pages


Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Wrong Kind of Compromise

I am finished with the particular brand of compromise I have been subscribing to for most of my adult life.

No more.

I thought that in order to follow Christ, I had to do what everyone else wanted me to do, always. I always acquiesced to others wishes, no matter what the situation. I have discovered that I had it all wrong.

When you don't walk your own path, when you ignore your truth, you lessen yourself. When you lessen yourself you have nothing worthwhile to share with or to give to others.

From this point on, I decide what I do with my life.

Where I work.
What hours I keep.
What groups I join.
What I do with my spare time.
Whether I hold positions of leadership or not.
What I write about and when
What I eat
How my home looks
What I accept in my life
What I reject as unacceptable

From here on in, I decide. This is the real me. Take it - and remain in my life, or leave it, and do not remain in my life.

Your choice.

No comments: