Pages


Monday, January 25, 2016

Not This Time, Old Friend

There is an energy I know well 
For a long time it was my friend 
An energy of smallness, dryness
Of pulling in, contracting 
Staying on the surface 
An energy of walls and barriers 
Miserable, hopeless survival 
Body, mind and spirit drying up
In a painful, slow death 

It comes now, many a morning 
To invite me in 
It reminds me how long we were together 
It tries to tell me that it's familiar arms 
Are the only comfort I will ever know 
It wants me to find in it's cold, brittleness 
A home
It wants to feed on me, like before 

But, NO. I say no. Not this time. No more.

I'm a Witch 
I don't need to play small 
I'm not afraid to dive deep 
I've made love with the dark and the light 
I have no need of walls and barriers 
I am one with All
Protection, transmutation live in me, they go before me
And surround me, at my word 
I am beautiful, wise, fierce and juicy 
You will not make of me 
A barren landscape 

The High Priestess is my sister
She stands behind one shoulder 
Archangel Michael stands behind the other 
They remind me of who and what I am 
In those moments when I get lost 

I honor my ancestors 
Their music is a part of my life's symphony 
Blessings continued 
Limiting patterns lifted and transmuted 

I speak with The Mighty Dead 
I respect and listen to faeries and elemental spirits 
Plants and animals are trusted advisors

I travel in dream time 
Mystery is a beloved companion

I love to learn 
I am well aware I know so very little! 

My life is craft, and art 
In fulfilling my life
I am best in service to others 
The circle of giving and receiving 
Endless blessings of prosperity shared

I am never powerless

And so I do not need my cold friend, come back to visit and tempt me.
I'm having none of it 
And so I bind it and send it on its way 
A trip to the violet fire 
So no other can become it's host 

Some old friends are a welcome visit 
Others are not 
And today, I made the final break 
With that one 

Blessed Be! 





No comments: