Pages


Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fingernail Moon

I've taken over the bathroom in the basement, and made it my own. This makes it much easier when I return from my morning walks. I couldn't do my walk today, though, because my ankle is still swollen and sore from the concert Tuesday night.  It's getting better and better though, I'll be back out there soon enough.

So, this morning, I put the PJ's back on and opened the door to the outside while I was brushing my hair so it could air dry.  It was still mostly dark, in those few sacred moments just before the dawn.  It rained yesterday and everything had that moist, growing smell to it.  I could hear the birds singing.

The sky was a beautiful shade of night blue, because it was about to lighten with the sun's first rays but the world was still waiting for what was to come.  I understood that feeling.

I looked up at the sky and saw one single star, shining brightly and something else that made me smile.  It was the moon.  When I was very little, I used to call it "the fingernail moon" because of the way it was shaped.

Looking up at that star, and the moon, I drew in several deep breaths, and brought the beautiful morning air into my lungs.

In that moment, I felt completely loved, completely comforted and utterly connected.  Without knowing what specifically comes next, for the first time in so very long, I wasn't afraid.

No comments: