Pages


Sunday, May 26, 2013

Happy Little Sheep (March Against Monsanto)

This one was inspired by several friends of mine, and thousands whom I do not know who attended the March Against Monsanto in cities across the country yesterday, 5/25/2013 and made sure their voices were heard.  I was sorry to miss the event, due to a family event, but wanted to share this:


Work hard
Try to make ends meet
You love your family
Telling me
You'd do anything to keep them safe
Happy and healthy
Well in that case
Your barbecue
May just have been
The most dangerous thing
Your 4 year old does this weekend

Or you can be the kid
In a pretend world
Tell yourself
If I stopped eating every item they say is bad for me..
Maybe you think it's just too big
You can't fight it, so just go along with it
Drink the kool-aid
Believe the mainstream media
"It's not bad or it wouldn't be on the market"

Tell me
What happened
To a parent being the line
The place where it STOPS
That's your kid

Tell me
What happened to people
Believing that voices united
Can make a difference

Tell me
Why so many countries
Have taken action on this
And we can't

Tell me
If the lobbyists
And the big corporations
Really own America


Tell me
If you're a happy little sheep
Or if you really care
And have some passion







No comments: