Pages


Friday, July 15, 2011

Thought for Today

I was a good little girl. I did what I was supposed to do. I grew up and I was still a good little girl.
I've spent my entire life doing what I am supposed to do, saying what I am supposed to say, wearing what I'm supposed to wear and showing up where I'm supposed to show up. I'm dependable. Yup, dependable. Put that on my freaking gravestone, that's just what people want to be remembered for - she was dutiful and dependable. Yipee. Really.

At this point, really - - I have to be honest. Being a good, dutiful person has gotten me what?
I'm tired, fat, old and bored. Big deal.

I love my husband, family, sons and friends. But my biggest fear in life isn't death - it's being ORDINARY. Everyone has the capability to be amazing. And right now I don't feel amazing.

It's like, there's more to me than this, if I could just stop checking off the required boxes long enough to figure out what I would really like to be doing !

No comments: